Sunday, April 15, 2007

doily exchange




My partner for this (May 2007) tatted doily exchange is Mary D. This is a modified version of a 1993 Workbasket magazine pattern called Rose Doily by Myrtle H. Hamilton. The colors Mary said she liked best were cream, pink, green and rose so I set out to find a pattern and threads that would work for this exchange. I found this pattern and decided to use it.The pattern was done in white with pink flowers. I chose to make it using three colors with green and pink being the predominant colors. It was a round doily but by leaving off the last few rounds and modifying the last two I used, I came up with this rendition. I really like it and may decide to make one for myself.

The threads used are:
white - DMC #12 perle cotton
pink - Clark's #30 ONT color 85
green(varigated) - Clark's #30 ONT color 21

The ONT threads are from a basket full of threads that I bought at an antique store a few years ago. They are like new and were a real bargain as the whole basket as I recall was only $4 and in it were dozens of balls of thread.

This doily measures 7 1/2" in diameter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Joyce ! :) These are all really nice!! This one looks very much like many doilies I've seen done in crochet. I like your changes. I've been organizing & getting like items together, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up my trial piece from family reunion - CS (2003?)and try to remember.... Love, April