Saturday, August 24, 2013

Christmas crafts

I've been making little crocheted angels. I have 3 done and will make some more. The ribbon on this one is made from number 8 perle cotton. I chained 100 and then did 2 double crochet in each chain the length of the chain. This makes the ribbon gently curl. It's a bit fiddly to get tied into a bow but I like it much better than a satin ribbon bow. Now that I've got a couple with the variegated blue bows, I think I'll see what other colors I have.  The angel is about 4" tall and I put a large (1.5") jingle bell inside, tied just below the head. The recipient will be surprised to hear the sound if the bell as it isn't noticeable until the angel is picked up. I was pleased that I could find jingle bells this week. I found them at JoAnn's. guess I shouldn't have been surprised as the stores are now full of Halloween merchandise and will soon be full of Christmas items. These angels will be Christmas gifts. Once I get the gifts done, I may make a few for my quilt guild's bazaar. 

The pattern for this angel bell may be found on Pinterest at the following link. 

Reader - are you starting to think ahead to the holidays?  Handmade gifts need to be started soon. 

No comments: