Monday, December 16, 2013

New Christmas ornaments

I've completed 2 ornaments made from this week's online tatting class lesson. Both have seed beads added so they'll make lovely Christmas ornaments.

This first one is tatted from size 20 Flora, color 57. The pattern is a star from The June 1925 Comfort Magazine. I suspect that the designer never dreamed that the pattern would be used so many decades later. It's a lovely pattern. On the rings, I started and ended with 1 des with 1 des between picots. Since all my red beads were on my shuttle thread, I used the shoelace trick before and after the outer rings, thus putting the red beads to the outside of the motif.  With the variegated thread and the beads I used, I'm calling this Peppermint Star. It reminds me of peppermint candies. Size of this ornament is about 3" across. 


The next is a snowflake from be-stitched.com. I tatted it with size 12 DMC  perle cotton. It measures 2.75" across. 


Both of these still need to be starched and then they'll be ready for hanging on the tree.  Easily done in time for Christmas!

1 comment:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

These snowflakes look great with the beads! So pretty! I have yet to really experiment with beads. It's interesting how you loaded them on. I always enjoy your posts!