Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wild Animals Quilt

This quilt started with some pieces of fabric I got from the cash and carry table at quilt guild. They were just the right size to cut squares from. After cutting the squares, I found that I had some fabric that would go nicely and put together blocks. The blocks are 12" finished making this quilt 36" x 48". I don't see it as a baby quilt as the animals are wolves, owls,, bears, deer, buffalo, etc but it would be nice for an older child or for an adult if they needed something to put over the lap. Our guild donates quilts for all ages so I think this will easily find a home with someone who needs it. This quilt is backed with fleece so it will stay on a bed or lap more easily than one backed with cotton and be soft and cuddly if it goes to a child.


No comments: