Sunday, August 17, 2014

Farm Animals Baby Quilt

At this month's quilt guild, we were cutting squares and assembling pieces for baby quilts. We were cutting 5" and 6" squares. When I left the meeting, I brought home some squares that were larger than what we'd been cutting. Someone had donated them for the baby quilt project. 

Some of the squares had farm animals on them. I put 4 into a quilt with alternating prints and then added a border. The quilt is approx 42" square. I used fleece on the back and machine quilted it on my dsm (domestic sewing machine). There's a lot of free motion quilting on this quilt, done without any marking. This is the first time I've made feathers. They aren't as uniform as I'd like but I'm getting better and more comfortable making them. This quilt gave me good practice. 

I have 1 more farm animal square which I'll probably make into a preemie quilt. I also brought home a set of dog and cat print squares. From those I'll make another baby quilt. 

No comments: