Monday, September 8, 2014

Baby and Preemie Quilts

This little baby quilt was made from a set of cat and dog prints I brought home from quilt guild. I had told them I'd put them into a baby quilt for our baby quilt project. I was pleased with how it turned out with the exception of the light border. That piece of fabric was a blend not 100% cotton. It didn't lay and stitch up as nicely as cotton does. So I learned that I definitely prefer cotton for quilt projects. 
I have two preemie quilts finished. The first uses the last of the farm animal prints  I was given at quilt guild last month. The other preemie quilt uses a couple blocks I made ages ago when I wasn't so careful about 1/4" seams. (I've learned a lot about quilting since these were made.) The star points are cut off or not sharp but the little preemie baby won't care. He or she will be glad to feel something soft and warm. 


No comments: