Friday, December 12, 2014

Grand Illusion block 1

This month and into early January Bonnie at Quiltville.com is doing a mystery called Grand Illusion. This quilt was inspired by the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. Having been there several times and that being my childhood home state, I was interested in doing this mystery. I didn't, however, want to start, much less finish, a large quilt ( Bonnie said hers is 88" square). Considered doing 1/4 of the blocks for a smaller quilt but that would still be 44". So what to do?  I'm still doing 1/4 of the blocks but I'm doing mine 1/2 scale. Example: instead of 4" finished blocks in clue 1, mine are 2" finished. This should give me a nice wall hanging when done (approx. 22"). 

It's December, I've completed a twin size quilt and a little behind on the mystery. That's OK. It'll get done when it gets done. I am finished making the blocks for clue 1 (pictured below) and plants sew block 2 today. We'll see about clue 3 which was posted today. 


No comments: