Monday, December 15, 2014

Tatted Ornaments


Today I finished the last of a set of Christmas ornaments I've been working on. The large ornaments are made with lots and lots of beads using the pattern: 
Tatted Beaded Ornament which was published by Be-stitched. I used size 40 Lizbeth thread for these. 

The smaller ornaments are snowflakes that I already had and were awaiting starching. Instead of starching, I chose to put them on a ball. 

The ornaments are displayed on my coffee table and make a pretty Christmas arrangement. I used alphabet and number beads to indicate the year and the initials of the individual who will be receiving these. The beads hang on the side of the large ornaments and from the bottom of the small ones. That's why the small balls are slanted. They don't sit straight with the beads on the bottom as the lid they're sitting on isn't deep enough for the beads to hang down. 

No comments: