Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On My Design Wall

On my design wall this week are 2 things.  First is a 16 patch charity quilt. I still need to sew the rows together and find a border. The blocks are made from 2" squares. As this will be a baby or small child's quilt, I tried to put at least 1 novelty print in each 16 patch block.
B

The other item is a set of bow tie blocks. This is the start of a block of the month being done at Quiltmaker.com. All of the blocks will be either 3 or 4" finished. This month the blocks are 3" finished. The blocks are to be set in a row but for this photo, I put them in a block formation. These blocks are all made from dotted fabric. I was surprised that I had so many pieces. As most of my fabric consists of fat quarters, if I continue with dots, I'll need to buy some more fabric. Or I could mix it up such as solids, novelties, 30's, etc. I'll likely do that so I can use what I have. 


No comments: