Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Spools Quilt

Finished this little quilt over the weekend. It's 6 x 8 6" blocks which I had from a spool block exchange on blockswappers. I'm no longer a part of the group. Loved the exchanges but didn't get quilts finished after the swap. So.....  Now I have lots of blocks that I'm putting into quilts, mostly baby/child size  to be used as gifts or for charity. This spool quilt is 36" x 48" and will be a gift for a friend.

I still have spool blocks but only half of what I need for another quilt this size. What to do? ?? My solution  was to dig through my box of 2.5" strips, do some cutting and put together 9 patches to use as alternate blocks with the spools. The blocks are done and most of them put together. I'll post a photo when the quilt is finished. 

No comments: