Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Biggs Quilt Block 15


Having taken about 2 months to complete block 13 with all of its small leaves, I was discouraged with this project. Block 14 went much quicker but I was still dreading this block. One day I took out the pattern, saw that the leaves were bigger than those on block 13 and then wrote down the sizes if fabric needed for the appliqué pieces. I decided to do the corners first. So many of them have been done, they're comfortable. Next was the flowers and flower stems of the block center. They were similar to the corners. Now I had this block underway and by doing a few pieces at a time, I soon had it completed. It's a pretty block. 

There are 10 more blocks for this quilt. That makes me think that it's time to get started on the borders and have a plan for the quilting process. It would be so nice for this to get finished and not become a UFO. I'll be starting on those borders soon. 

No comments: