Monday, April 27, 2015

Baby ABC Afghan



In looking through my yarn recently, I came upon a yarn label with an ABC afghan pattern on the back. It looked not only interesting but fun to do so I bought the needed yarn and was ready to get started. I used Bernat Baby Sport yarn and an aluminum G hook I had. I wanted to use larger than the D the pattern called for. The yarn is variegated with pink,  yellow, blue, green and white. I added a few extra rows at the top and bottom of each block row and the finished size is approx 35" x 47". At lest, that's what it measured when I laid it on the floor for the photo. 

This pattern uses 2 crochet stitches: single crochet and puff stitch. What a great gift this will make!
I'll keep the pattern as this is something I may want to do again. Mostly I just need the chart for the letters and a cross stitch alphabet chart would work if one needed to use it. 

No comments: