Saturday, July 18, 2015

Biggs Quilt Border

I've finished a border for 1 side of the Benjamin Biiggs quilt. (Photo shows only 1/2 of it as it's folded in half.)  I deviated from the pattern by using blue rather than green bunting. I also used a red flower bud centered between 2 leaves rather than 3 green leaves. The original quilt had more green in the border than I wanted. I kept the flower bud units a purple bud with green leaf and stem as used in all the block corners of my quilt. 

Now I need to start this month's block. I'm hoping to keep up with the blocks posted monthly on one of 2 web sites: Sentimental  Stitches or Dear Jane plus get a border finished every 2 months. If I can do that, all the pieces for this quilt top will be finished in Feb 2016 when the last block is posted. 

No comments: