Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Christmas is coming!

I know that Christmas months away but if I don't get started now, I'll be rushed to get done the things I want to make.

This is an ornament consisting of tatted lace made from size 40 Lizbeth thread, color 147 and attached to a styrofoam ball with beads on tiny straight pins that went through the picots. The pattern is:
Christmas Ball by Sandra Scales. It is in;
Needle Tatting with Style Book 1 by Barbara Foster, published by Handy Hands Tatting. Though the patterns here are written for needle tatters, they work for shuttle tatters as well. Since my thread was smaller than the #10 the pattern calls for, I used a ball smaller than  3" designated by the pattern. . Mine is approx. 2" in diameter. 

I'll be making several of these to use as gifts. 

No comments: