Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Best Friend Scarf


I've been working on this scarf the past 2-3 weeks and just finished it last night. 

The pattern is :
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/best-friend-lace-scarf---free-pattern

 I used Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable yarn. I used all but a small bit of 1 skein. Right now (before blocking, which I don't normally do) it measures 7 x 44". This scarf is for me and I'll probably let it hang in front of me with no loop or knot.  

I need to try to block this as it wants to curl. The yarn is 100% acrylic so don't know that I can help that situation or not but I'll try. I'd like to open up the lace a bit and have it lay flatter. 

Though I like the finished project and the feel of this yarn, this was a very challenging project for me as I found It was a struggle to keep the stitches from slipping off the needle and keeping my place was also a challenge. Using a row counter helped keep track of which row I was on. I also found that putting a marker on the needle at the end of each repeat kept my place across the row. I could count the stitches in the repeat and not have to count all across the row. 

No comments: