Thursday, September 1, 2016

T-Shirt Quilt

It's been a long time since I've posted. I've been working on things but many will be Christmas gifts and I didn't want to post them so early.  The quilt pictured here was finished this week. 


In the next few days, our grandson will be turning 10. Having made a t-shirt quilt for his sister when she turned 10, now it's his turn. Some of the quilt pieces were baby clothes, most were t-shirts and a couple blocks in the quilt were tote bags.  The tote bags had a pocket on the outside so I left that in tack when I cut the tote bag apart to use in this quilt. Those pockets are large enough to tuck something into, unlike the small or tiny pockets that were on some baby clothes. The quilt has 12" blocks with 1.5" sashing and then a border. It will work nicely on a twin bed. I used fleece on the back which I turned to the front as a self binding, not turning it under but anchoring it with a scallop stitch and then trimming away the excess backing. 

 This is a photo of the label. The label border is the same fabric as the border of the quilt. 

No comments: