Monday, August 20, 2012

JT2 Aug 1 blocks

The first blocks for August are now completed.  2 were paper pieced and 1 (the star block) began with strips and then the strips were cut on a 45 to make the diamonds.  I've made so many blocks for this quilt that I've never made before and the lone star was no different.  I thought it would be a complicated block to make but the directions were clear and explicit and it went together much easier than I thought it would.  As with many of the new blocks and new techniques I'm doing, it's a learning experience and if I had more to do, the second and succeeding blocks would go quicker.  I like this quilt, though, because we're only doing 1 or 2 blocks, there is lots of variety and I don't get tired of making the same block over and over.

No comments: