Tuesday, August 28, 2012

JT2 Aug 15 blocks


These are the Aug 15 Just Take 2 blocks. The bottom 2 are appliqued. (Actually the set of 3 circles lower left is 3 blocks stitched together.)  The circles on the upper right hand block were  ppliqued and then the small squares were pieced. There were instrucyions for paper piecing the large block which is 12" finished but I ran a copy of rotary cut directions from EQ (electronic quilt) and pieced it without paper.

This completion gets me caught up on the quilt installment directions and block making - at least for a few days. The next clues come out Sept. 1. Because of famly activities I won't get to them until sometime next week. I'm expecting that with the Sept 1 clues, there will be directions for putting together another section of this quilt. My fabrics for this quilt are dwindling away.  I think I'll have enough for the quilt blocks but if I add a border or borders, I'll likely need more  fabric.  We'll see. I won't decide about borders until the quilt top is finished.

1 comment:

LesQuilts said...

Hi Joyce!
I'm new to your blog, I found you thru the Just take 2 web page, I've been collecting all the patterns, just rolling along, I'm up to #16, plus done about 7 others.
I saw the blue and white blocks on the web page, blue is my favorite colour, sooo pretty.
I'm doing mine in yellow instead of white and blue instead of red and trying to use up these colour groups in my stash!
I blog at lesquilts.blogspot.ca if you want to stop by!
Take care, Leslie