Tuesday, October 2, 2012

2 finishes

I'm working on getting some ufo's (unfinished objects) completed. I got 2 more done last week. I'm just now getting photos posted. The first was a long forgotten project on which I'd cut and pieced some parts but I didn't care for the fabrics I used so this got put aside. I liked all the fabrics individually, but didn't care for them in this pattern. This was a mystery quilt so I didn't know what the pattern was prior to cutting. This is a time when being able to audition fabrics for a specific pattern would have been very helpful as there isn't, in my opinion, enough contrast between the 2 lighter colors . 

Rather than let it sit any longer, I decided that it wouldn't take long to put together enough for a baby quilt. This little quilt will go onto the shelf, ready to be selected when I need a baby gift. It is backed with fleece. The size is 36" x 45".
Knowing that my quilt guild meeting was coming soon, I then decided to get a panel out and make another baby quilt for donation to my guild's baby quilt project. This little quilt is a bit smaller (36 x 42). It was intended to be a square wallhanging so I added a couple borders to the top and bottom thus making a rectangular quilt. I used 2 novelty prints. The outside border just happens to be a coordinate fabric to go with the panel. This also is quilted with a fleece backing. It's pretty heavily quilted -(for me anyway) but it still feels quite cuddly. Some baby or small child will like it. It has tan and blue fleece on the back so it could go to a boy or girl.
 
 


No comments: