Thursday, October 4, 2012

JT2 block 74

There are 4 blocks in the Oct. 1 clues to the Just Takes 2 quilt.  2 of them are applique blocks. I have the first one finished. It is a little 6 inch block with 2 keys on it. A good block for this month as they remind me of skeleton keys. Without the teeth on them, they could be a pair of scissors. Maybe I'll keep that in mind in case I'd do a few blocks of sewing/quilting notions.

I'm currently working on the 2nd applique block which is a larger block with lots of reverse applique. I'll post it when it's finished. I can say that this JT2 quilt project has taught me lots of new techniques and I'm doing things that I wouldn't have tried on my own or perhaps I would have tried them but they wouldn't have been completed. I'm glad that I started this project.

1 comment:

LesQuilts said...

Hi!
Nicely done! Yes, these are very different blocks!
I'm completing the last big applique block in the 1st section, and working on 3 more blocks today on the second section! It is addicting to want to make a block a day!
Take care, Leslie