Monday, July 1, 2013

Recent Completions


Remember collecting fabrics just before the turn of the century to make millennium quilts?  I had my fabrics and the blocks made prior to the death of my father. I got busy helping my mom and doing other things and other projects.  They were put away and stayed put away until I got them out recently and decided they no longer needed to be a UFO.  I made 2 quilts with the blocks - this little baby quilt which has 12 12" blocks in it and is backed with fleece.  The other quilt looks identical with the same sashing fabrics and setting but it is 5 x 7 blocks making a quilt approx. 60" x 84" making a good size throw or a quilt that could be used on a twin bed.  I still have about 4 more blocks - which will probably find their way into a quilt someday. The small baby quilt will be a gift but I'll keep the larger quilt. It's backed with muslin and is quite cozy and comfy.


No comments: