Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby quilt for charity


Yesterday I finished a baby quilt made from a printed piece of fabric. As I normally do with baby quilts, I used fleece as the backing and no batting. This makes for a very cuddly, quilt, very nice for a child. This piece of fabric had an overall scattered design so there weren't lines going across the piece that I could use for quilting. So...I tried something I don't recall doing before. I marked 2 lines from corner to corner making a big X on the quilt. I stitched on this line and then used the tool with my machine to follow the line and stitch parallel to it. This made cute little diamond shapes across the quilt - a different look than  squares or triangles I'd normally make when stitching along seam lines or stitching from point to point across a block.

This quilt is 36" x 45" and will be donated to charity through my local quilt guild.

Now on to the next project(s) - I have 2 more quilt tops ready to quilt.

No comments: