Tuesday, January 7, 2014

SNOW and COLD

What do you do.when there's a snowstorm that lasts a day followed by bitter cold temperatures? I like to sew or quilt. Since there were no church services Sunday and we were staying in, I had plenty of time. I'd recently put together a baby quilt top made from shaded 4 patch blocks that I had sitting in a basket in the cabinet ....So I decided that Sunday was the day to get it quilted.  I backed it with fleece and used alternating rows of diagonal stitching (straight and serpentine). This little quilt is 36 x 42", a nice cuddle quilt for a  little one.



Today, I started the 2014 Just Takes 2 quilt - the Benjamin Biggs Quilt. I'll be using the colors of the original quilt. I checked to see what fabrics I had.  I have most of the reds I'll need and several greens but I will need to buy some more green as well as some more background fabric.  I had plenty to get started and have started sewing my 1st block  I'll post a photo when it's done.  This year the clues for the JT2 quilt only come out the 1st of each month so I've made a plan.  During the last 1/2 of the month, after I've completed the current block, I'll work on the 2012 JT2 quilt which I've not yet finished.  So I'll be posting photos of my progress on both quilts as I finish blocks and/or sections.

I'm giving thought to doing the Biggs quilt ' quilt as you go' so that by the end of the clues, I'll not only have the top done - I'll have most of the quilt finished.  DH and I have some travel scheduled for this year but not as much as we did last year so perhaps I can make this work.  The Biggs blocks will make nice home or travel projects, whether I'm doing appliqué or quilting the block.







No comments: