Thursday, March 20, 2014

Floral Block Swap Quilt


Happy Spring!  We've been seeing robins for several weeks but have had lots of cold weather. Today a few flowers appeared!  What a welcome sight! They'll be open more if we get some sunshine or warmer weather. No matter, after a very long, snowy winter, they're great to see. 
Also, just in time for spring is the completion of my Floral Block Swap Quilt which is a twin size quilt. It's made from blocks I received in a floral block exchange on blockswappers. The blocks finally are no longer sitting in a box but have found their way into a finished quilt. I did all of the quilting on my home sewing machine.  This is the largest quilt I've quilted on my machine and the first one on which I've something other than an overall design. I'm still learning free motion quilting but it gets easier as I do more. 
Quilt:
Sample of quilting:
Quilting on the border:
Here's a photo of the back of this quilt. All of the fabric pieces are florals so it goes well with the top or front of the quilt. 

No comments: