Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Doily with #13 edging



I completed this doily last evening. The pattern is dainty edging #13 (page 39) from Dover's Tatting Doilies & Edgings, edited by Rita Weiss. The lace is tatted with #40 Lizbeth thread color 149. The doily with attached lace measures approx. 7.75" across, a nice size for a bud vase or other decorative item. It will be a joy to use this. 

I attached the lace to the doily as I went and it didn't seem to be a problem with the doily being in the way but I think that, if it had been larger, that perhaps could have been a problem. I much prefer, however, making the lace and then attaching it to fabric. 

2 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This edging looks lovely here! I'm amazed the holes worked out just right for this fabric center!

Joyce said...

Thanks for your comments! Actually, the spacing didn't work out. I didn't plan ahead and guessed at 2 holes between attach points. When I got to the end it was either leave additional or fewer holes. Not wanting the doily to curl, I chose 1 hole spacing on my last repeat. The doily lays beautifully flat and one would have to hunt to find the uneven spot. I'll turn that spot to the back when using the doily.