Saturday, June 28, 2014

Shipshewana

My friend Jan and I spent a couple days this week in Northern Indiana. We went to the Topeka Quilt Show, the Shipshewana Quilt Show and got to all the shops in this year's Shop Hop. What fun!  Luscious fabrics, beautiful quilts, exquisite quilting and eye candy and great ideas galore!  

I bought some new patterns, fabric (mostly fat quarters - they're addictive, you know) so now I'm ready for new things as well as motivated to finish what I've already started. 


This quilt is an interesting way to use strings. The zig-zag is fun but , if I try this, I think I'd turn it so that it looks like stacked blocks.

Quilt I'm most likely to make. This would make a great baby quilt with lots of novelties. 

One of the fat quarters was a cheater fabric (looks like a quilt). I chose to use it for a preemie quilt so cut an 18" square and put what I didn't use into my string box. 



No comments: