Saturday, October 11, 2014

Biggs Quilt Block 10

I didn't like block 10. I didn't take time to carefully think about why - whether it was the pattern or placement of colors. I just knew I didn't like it. Having found a photo of an old quilt from Pennsylvania that had a very similar block, I decided to change this month's block.

My block:

This does a couple things for my quilt. It gives me a block I like and it gives me a mostly purple block. Having alternating red and purple blocks and a couple with large red designs, it's nice to have the purple one. I'm glad I made the change.


Original Block:

Now that I've worked with this block, I see other possibilities. I can visualize the base/pot being shorter and the color of your choice with greenery at the top and maybe curly leaves hanging down or have circle handles on the vase part with green leaves in the pot or green leaves and a colored bud in the center. I thought of these possibilities as I stitched this block and there are probably others.  

I'm still happy with the block I have. I appreciate all the blocks for this Benjamin Biggs quilt available through Just Takes 2. Every other month a block pattern is available at either sentimentalstitches.com or dearjane.com. 










No comments: