Thursday, March 26, 2015

Crochet Along clue 7

As previously mentioned, clues 6 & 7 came together and with clue 7 being the connecting of blocks, I decided to make 3 more blocks. That way I had 4 to connect to one another.

Clue 7 gave directions for a braid method of connecting the blocks and it was on this clue that the long corner chains got anchored. My 4 blocks measure approx 18" square. There are 3 more clues, one of which will include a border. This will be a good size to use as a table topper on my coffee table.

I really like this method of connecting blocks. It really looks nice where I used the pink and green. The shades of pink aren't contrasting enough for the braid colors to show up nicely. I'll keep that in mind when I use this technique again.

Now it's time to put this away and await the next clue. 

No comments: