Monday, January 18, 2016

Butterfly Bitty Blocks


Today I began making 4" (finished size) butterfly blocks to use in my Bitty Blicks Quilt. I made 1 paper pieced block but it took longer than I wanted to spend on these blocks. I next made a couple pieced blocks but I wasn't as pleased with them so I kept looking for butterfly patterns. I then found a photo of one where the wings were half square triangles. After making one of these butterflies flying in a diagonal line, I decided that I'd found the pattern for the rest of my 4" butterfly blocks. I placed the first 3 butterfly blocks in a diagonal line and then filled in the rest of the space with the little HST butterflies and now have another 12" block for my Bitty Blick quilt.  This block has a variety of butterfly blocks. It would have looked nice to have had all the same block but I chose not to scrap the first butterfly blocks.

No comments: