Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Eggs, Easter Eggs

I have completed 3 more Easter eggs, decorated with tatting and beads. These went pretty quickly as I used little butterfies, small bits of trim and flowers that I already had made. What a nice way to use those practice pieces and small bits made from what is left on a shuttle when a project is finished. 
This egg has 6 small butterflies on it with a small circle of tatting at the top and a snowflake shape at the bottom. 

This egg has the same circle of hearts flower on the front and back and a strip of edging around the side. Here's a picture of the edging. 
The next one has edging around it with a flower on each side but the flowers are a bit different. 
On each of these, I put the beads on a small straight pin and inserted the pin through a picot or in the center of ring, using just enough to hold the tatting into the egg. To keep my finger from getting sore I tried a rubber jar opener but found that too big and awkward. I then tried pushing the pins in with a small plastic bottle cap. That worked well. The cap went into my container of beads and pins so it'll remind me to use it instead of my finger. 

Hope you've enjoyed these eggs. 
Happy Easter!





1 comment:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Your eggs look wonderful, and it took some figuring to get the center 'bands' to fit just right! And you decorated both sides, which I admit I sometimes don't accomplish!

I first discovered silk eggs at a craft store back in the 1990s, and I'm glad some of the tatting suppliers still carry them. It is so easy to use the pins to attach the tatting, as there is Styrofoam or some other soft material underneath. Good idea to use something to protect your fingers from getting sore!

Happy Easter to you and your family!