Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tatting on an Easter Egg

I completed and attached the tatting to this Easter egg today. The egg color is close  but the tatting around the center is a variegated light blue though the photo doesn't show that. For the caps I used the following edging:
R5-5-5-5. RW.  *Ch 3-3-3-3. RW.  R5+5-5-5. RW. Ch 3-3(R 3-3-3-3)3-3. RW R5+5-5-5. RW. 
Repeat from * until desired length connecting last ring to first ring. 

The center is an edging from Tatted Doilies & Edgings edited by Rita Weiss page 32 #3. I was able to tat this edging in one piece by using 2 shuttles of thread and using the technique of split rings. 

For the tatting on this egg I used #70 tatting thread - variegated blue and white. 

This is the first egg I've decorated with tatting. Now I want to do some more. 

1 comment:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Catching up on your blog! You have made lots of wonderful things: quilts, doll clothes, tatted hanky edging, bookmark and the Easter egg! I always enjoyed decorating eggs with tatting. You did a very neat job attaching the tatting, and I like the beads!