Sunday, June 2, 2013

Starting Again

It's way past time to start blogging once again. I've been busy, sometimes even sewing, quilting or tatting, but that hasn't been a priority the past several months. My husband and I have been doing lots of traveling, there were the holidays and more recently, a family death. Busy, busy, busy!

This month I've finished some baby quilts and just have the binding to do on a twin size quilt. I have lots of UFO's to finish - many of them just need to be quilted. I am hoping to focus on finishing quilts the rest of the year. I know, however, that I will make some gifts and perhaps make some more baby quilts for charity.

So... Here's a photo of 1 quilt I made this month. I'll post more after I take photos. I waited too late in the day and the lighting wasn't good enough to take anymore. This quilt was made from a piece of quilted fabric I bought from the cash & carry table at my quilt guild. It  had only batting on the back so needed a backing of some sort but was a perfect size for a baby quilt. A thank you goes to Jan and Shirley for encouraging me to use this for a baby quilt. I used fleece for the backing and then quilted it with a variegated red thread. This quilting reminds me of looking through a fence at the clowns and animals. This is soft and cuddly. It will be taken to quilt guild in early June to be donated to our baby quilt project and then given to a local charity. Some little child will love it.


No comments: